a catalog of the pages of a animation art school student's sketchbooks

Friday, November 15, 2013

Knight's Hands Mold Making

I am making a two part silicone mold for the knight's gloves.

After I sculpted the hands in Chevant Oil Clay over the floral wire armature I secured them in the container with hot glue. I am using a tuppleware container because the transparent plastic makes it easy to see if the hands are level!


I mixed up my Mold-Star Silicone and poured it into the container to make the mold and let it cure overnight. Instead of pouring the two halves of the mold separately, I made one solid block that I will razor apart to get the two even halves. 


Here is the two halves that I razored apart. I hope my attempts to cut in registration tabs didn't make me mangle it too badly, but I can see the two halves of the hands, and the silicone set up properly, so that is good.  There is one bubble in the palm of the left (bottom) hand, but I can patch that. 
Next step: casting!



No comments:

Post a Comment